I like sweets, especially when they’re real fruity. These sweets – and trust me, you can taste the real fruit -were introduced to me this past holiday season by a colleague and friend.
Live a sweet & fruitful life. Enjoy these otherwise seasonal treats throughout the year!
Perhaps the best tasting menu I have ever experienced. Emphasis on best and ever. But as at least three of the Gaijin menu items have changed since I was last there. Perhaps it’s time I reacquaint my native tongue with some new and foreign tastes, buds.
*Finnish Your Food posts are highlights from my culinary explorations in Finland.
Actually, Albam has been around for a while now, in a “timeless” sort of way. So even if this is the first time you’ve heard of them – you’re excused for being fashionably-late.
Slip-free slippers for little and big feet. This company produces 100% handmade products using wool. Why wool? Because it keeps your feet warm in the winter and rhymes with (and keeps your feet) cool in the summer, naturally.
dark chocolate (100g)
white flour (50g)
white sugar (100g)
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl resting over a pot of boiling water
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks, add Sugar and mix until frothy
- Pour melted chocolate & butter into egg & sugar mix and stir until well blended.
- Next, using a sieve or (as I do a fine tea strainer), sift the flour into the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a food grade plastic (squeeze) bag, tie a knot or otherwise seal and place in refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 210°C
- Push away the contents from one corner of the bag and cut away to form an opening about the size of the tip of your thumb.
- Working your way down from the top of the bag, squeeze contents evenly into 4 buttered and floured (so they don’t stick) ramekins filling approx. 2/3 of the way full.
- Place the ramekins on middle rack in the oven for 8-10 mins until firm on the outside and soft on the inside.
Add ice cream, whipped cream and/or strawberries to your liking.
Purveyor of fine food. Mercer Kitchen is a place I like to pop into whenever I am in New York – some love it, others not so much — but that’s immaterial. What matters most is that no matter how hot the kitchen gets – there’s room for you at the table.
I crown these leggings, absolutely charming. Little princes and princesses everywhere deserve a leg, thigh and padded bum hugging pair. Available in multiple colors, prints and (kid) sizes.